Pupils of the fifth grade from Kopřivnice (The Czech Republic) and Tvrdošín (The Slovak Republic) exchange, using ICT, findings about the space – space objects and interesting space features. They become fictional astronauts and find out not only about various secrets of the Space but also about themselves.
In the Slovak Republic the children go to the IT club with the guidance of 1 teacher. In the Czech Republic the whole one class take part in this project. All the activities are integrated within different school subjects and 2 teachers work with the children – the class teacher cooperates with the ICT school coordinator.
- opening video-conference with Slovak school + drawing individual tasks into groups
- pupils give comments into discussion forum so that they learn more about each other
- group work – making presentations about space objects
- result presentations and handing over the presentations to our partnership school
- spending night at school and watching eclipse of the Moon
- “spending night at school”: topic for writing essay and for lesson of Art – putting into blog,
- creating Slovak – English – Czech dictionary of space definitions
- making 3D model of solar system and displaying it on the Day of the Earth
- producing knowledge quiz about space for our partnership school
- putting information about space objects into blog
- „astronauts training" in Physical Education,
- final video-conference with attendance of pupils´ parents